If you are feeling like you are going really slowly in your business, or maybe your property portfolio is just not taking off as you wanted it to, or perhaps other areas of your life feel like they are dragging the very life and soul out of you, I’d like to give you some help. I can understand the frustration and energy-sapping feeling that you *could* go so much faster, if a certain problem wasn’t in your way or such-and-such a thing worked better. Know what I mean? Internally we often blame other people, our circumstances or our background. But actually the reason we are going slowly is down to our own perceptions and thoughts, not because of THINGS or PEOPLE or CIRCUMSTANCES.
How can you regain momentum and pace if you feel you are going just TOO slowly?
- Write down the 5 steps (or more) that you need to do to make your goal a reality. If it’s to become financially free, then write down the incremental steps that will get you there, and focus on each one, one at a time. Don’t fall into the temptation of looking too far ahead, or dreaming about how it will feel when you get all the five steps completed. Simply work at each step one at a time, do what’s needed to complete that step, and lo and behold, financial freedom will follow.
- Say NO to everything that is not vital for the achievement of your goals. Be RADICAL MAN! DELETE everything in your diary that doesn’t contribute to to a step in the plan to achieve what you want to do. Your daily habits, tasks, behaviours sow seeds in all areas of your life. If those activities are not helping you make DAILY progress towards your goals let them go. You need to commit to an additional 35% of your time per week to get your business from tickover to take off. If you don’t say no to current things, where are you gonna find the time to insert new, important things into your life?
- Carve out the time to make what you wanna happen, happen. It won’t happen by magic. You have to decide how much time to give it, write it down and DO It. If it means getting up an hour earlier, going to bed an hour later or ditching TV twice a week – make time – carve this out, and within a fortnight you will start to see a massive difference in your pace.
Finally, I believe that speaking out your goals and declaring them to the world will affirm your message and your mission like nothing else will! Shout it out! Tell the world what you’re gonna be and do. Get behind your own message with powerful words and affirmations and the momentum will accelerate exponentially!
If you’re stuck you simply do not know where to turn or what to do. The first piece of advice I’d give is that LISTENING to others is the key to unlocking being stuck.
- Talk to 20 people who are doing or have done what you are trying to do and get their advice and guidance. Listen with humility and gratitude. Hear what other people say, listen and listen again. Record the conversation – listen to yourself and listen to others, and KEEP LISTENING.
- Try some brand new education such as investing in some quality coaching, an online learning programme, or some relevant mentoring.
- In my experience being stuck is caused by refusal to take a risk. What are you running away from? What area of your life do you need to stop ignoring and start paying attention to? Where are you fleeing the fear?
Feeling scared when trying something new is a perfectly normal reaction! It is nature’s way of protecting us from harm. But when fear makes you scared to do take action, you need to address it fast. FEAR stands for False Expectations Appearing Real. In our minds we tend to exaggerate worst-possible outcomes in order to prepare our minds for action. Mostly this just causes procrastination, doubt and more fear!
Three suggestions to overcome fear:
- Read ‘Feal the Fear and Do it Anyway’ By Susan Jeffers – a great little book with reasons why we fear and the practices we can habitualise to overcome our fear.
- Write down 50 reasons why you need to do the very thing you are fearful of.
- Write down all the reasons your fear will HELP you. Will it make you more alert to danger, will it help you determine project risks, will it make you create a Plan B in case things go wrong? Make fear your friend, not your enemy and use its power to help you overcome your challenges.
Fear is feelings based. So to overcome it we can look deep within ourselves to understand why am I feeling this way, or to ask ourselves when have I felt this way before, and how can I change my feelings about this thing.
Slow – SHOUT IT OUT AND AFFIRM YOUR LIFE
Stuck – LISTEN TO OTHERS AND TAKE A RISK
Scared – FEEL THE FEELING AND MAKE IT YOUR FRIEND.
Let me know how you get on applying these lessons!
To your growth
For a FREE 30 minute call with Wendy to help unblock your progress – simply book a session here https://10to8.com/book/fwfozt-free/