If you’re considering HMO’s as your next property investment, have you thought about how you will ongoingly manage them?
If you intend to use an agent, how do you know how to benchmark them against each other?
Top 20 Questions to ask your potential HMO agent…
1. What experience do you have in renting out properties like this HMO?
2. What is the type of HMO you specialise in?
3. What is the average room rent you achieve?
4. What is your average void period?
5. What is your average type of tenant?
6. How do you advertise the properties?
7. On average how long does it take you to rent a room?
8. What percentage of rent advertised do you achieve?
9. Do you rent any licensed HMOs?
10. Are you the manager of any licensed HMOs?
11. What does your service actually include?
12. How do you deal with maintenance and repair jobs?
13. How do tenants contact you for emergencies?
14. How do tenants report issues or general queries?
15. How often do you/your team visit the property?
16. How do you deal with rent arrears/missed rent payments?
17. How do you ensure the cleaner is managed well?
18. Which KPIs do you gather and supply to your clients each month?
19. What is your inventory process?
20. What advice would you give to an HMO landlord?